Science in Action
"Science in Action Conservation Curriculum provides lessons for educators to teach K-6th students how to scientifically evaluate wildlife conservation issues."
- Includes primarily science lessons and incorporates geography, social studies, history, language arts and economics.
- Aligned with K-6th grade Idaho state science standards
- Divided into three sections: The language of Conservation (learning the vocabulary and concepts regarding endangered species), The process of Conservation (learning the scientific method), and Connection to Conservation (applying scientific method to real world wildlife conservation issues).
- Designed to be used as in-classroom and as pre-zoo visit lessons.
- Includes self-guided "At the Zoo" activities
For detailed curriculum summary and Table of Contents, click here
How to obtain your copy of Science in Action Conservation Curriculum
Help Zoo Boise Evaluate Science on Action and Receive Free Outreach Program or Teaching Material. Limited Offer!
- Contact your school's Science Coordinator. In Dec. 2011 one CD copy of Science in Action was sent to the Science Coordinator of each Idaho elementary and middle school.
- To receive a free email copy please contact the Zoo Boise Education Dept.by email or phone 208-608-7741. Please leave your name, school name and district, grades you teach, email address, mailing address, and phone number. Your computer system must be equipped with Adobe Reader (get a free download from www.adobe.com) and be able to open a 4MB sized document.
- To receive a CD copy, please contact the Zoo Boise Education Dept. by email or by phone at 208-608-7741. Please leave your name and contact information (phone number or email address).
Educators in the Treasure Valley
- By conducting at least two lesson from Science on Action with your students and providing written evaluations to the Zoo Boise Education Department you will receive one in classroom wildlife experience through Zoo Boise's Zoo -to You Outreach Program. These interactive one hour presentations are designed for one classroom of up to 30 students. Each program includes zoo instructor led activities, animal artifacts, and when available, live animals. Topics are listed on the Zoo Boise website at http://www.zooboise.org/education/outreach.aspx
- This opportunity is available to 75 classrooms on a first-come-first-served basis from October through March.
- Eligible school districts include Boise, Meridian, Nampa, Kuna, Caldwell, Mountain Home(within one hour driving distance to Boise)
- For more information, contact the Education Dept. by email or by phone at 208-608-7741. Please leave your name, school name and district, grade you teach, email address and phone number.